Ok, I just have to say I’m really proud of the work we’ve accomplished in 3.5 months. Relm 5.0 wasn’t even a line of code on Oct 28 of last year, and we’ve now made more than 250 additions and improvements to the codebase:
Not to mention the many MANY worlds Rey has created, in addition to art, prototypes, mockups, ideas and discussions we’ve had. Thanks @Rey, @ChrisRelm, @Brendan, @Hira, @AlexRelm, @avawoolf and @dane!
Some of the things I’m very proud of having achieved in Relm 5.0:
– Editable 3D HTML labels
– Embedded youtube videos and 3D web pages
– Physics engine with colliders and joints
– The world (each relm) as a shared editable “document”
– Drag-drop world building library
– Flexible object primitives editor
– Very fast rendering (for a browser!)
Needless to say, I’m extremely excited about the next month or so. Milestones that I look forward to include:
1. Portals between relms (this time without reloading!)
2. Multiplayer (shared positional presence)
3. Video bubbles with Hira’s honeycomb algorithm
4. Multiplayer Physics
With the above 4 milestones in place, we’ll be ready for some really cool innovating in virtual locality–how to build community and spiritual-lite practices in a virtual space.